A ductless heat pump, for example, uses significantly less energy to heat and cool your home than a conventional furnace and air conditioning setup. Newer models available in the market can keep your home warm and cozy in zero-degree weather.
And because they do not require ductwork, you can install a ductless system just about anywhere! Now you can conveniently add comfort to a garage, attic, sunroom, or studio.
AirStar installs, replaces, repairs, and maintains ductless systems for Texas homes and businesses of all sizes and layouts. Call us today for a free consultation about ductless systems and how they can reduce your carbon footprint.
What Are the Main Advantages of a Ductless System?
Ductless systems are one of the fastest-growing heating and cooling choices in the HVAC market today. Here’s why:
- Cost savings—ENERGY STAR® estimates ductless mini splits use 60 percent less energy to heat your home and 30 percent less energy to cool than a central HVAC system
- Flexibility—A ductless mini split can supplement your existing HVAC equipment or act as a standalone system
- Installation—A ductless system is easy to install and replace
- Low Noise Pollution—These systems operate so quietly that you might not even notice they are running! You can now enjoy a quiet and peaceful home with a ductless system
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)—Enhanced humidity controls and exceptional filtration capabilities make ductless systems an easy choice for allergy sufferers or anyone with asthma
How Does a Ductless System Work?
A ductless mini split connects an outdoor condenser with indoor air handlers. A conduit housing the power cable, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing, and condensate drain links the outdoor and indoor units.
You can connect the outdoor unit to one air handler to heat and cool an addition or to add extra comfort to an existing part of your San Antonio home. You can also add multiple air handlers to create a zone control system, allowing room-specific climate control.
Most units come equipped with inverter technology that allows them to run continuously at lower speeds to maintain a target temperature. Doing so lowers your energy bills and reduces the stress on your equipment from constantly turning on and off.
Ductless System Installation and Replacement
AirStar understands that correctly installing equipment is just as important as the product you purchase. Our licensed technicians receive constant hands-on training, helping them deal with practically any install issue they might encounter in a home or business.
Here are a few situations where ductless mini splits make the most sense
- Older homes with no existing ductwork
- Older commercial buildings
- Rooms that require additional heating or cooling
- Additions—or detached structures such as a shed, garage, or guesthouse
- Existing homes with high fuel costs
Ductless System Repair
AirStar offers 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us. You can expect upfront pricing, a written estimate, and prompt, reliable service.
Our experienced technicians can quickly troubleshoot any issue, uncovering minor problems before they turn into costly repairs. Here are a few common repair issues with ductless systems:
- Low refrigerant levels
- Condensate leaks and clogs
- Blower fan issues
- Reduced cooling
- Weak airflow
- Odd noises or smells
- The remote control doesn’t work
The indoor air handler includes a reusable air filter that requires regular cleaning. It is always a good idea to check the filter first to see if it needs cleaning if your system is not running.
Ductless System Maintenance
Our AirStar technicians are trained to inspect and maintain your ductless mini split so that you can enjoy the most value from it. Your ductless system might turn on and off, but only a trained professional with the right tools can determine how efficiently it is running.
Does a Ductless Mini Split Require Routine Maintenance?
We recommend at least one annual service visit for your ductless mini split. A scheduled service call allows our technician to:
- Clean the outdoor condenser unit, including the coils
- Clean the indoor fan, evaporator coil, and other moving parts
- Check all the electrical connections
- Check the refrigerant levels
- Inspect, clean, or replace the air filters
Want to know the easiest way to maintain your ductless mini split? Sign up for our Star Energy Agreement. We tailor our maintenance agreements to fit your budget and needs. You enjoy peace of mind knowing a trusted professional is caring for your heating and cooling equipment. These plans offer discounts, priority service, and friendly reminders—sign up today!
Call Today to Learn More About Going Ductless
AirStar is a trusted name in San Antonio, TX, for providing quality service that you can depend on when you need it most. Call us today at 210-599-7827 or request service online to learn more about ductless systems.